A spicy twist on a student classic, try out this delicious Cheese on Toast recipe.
You can add some pepper or mushrooms to the recipe below, but with just onions it tends to be cheap and quick as well.
You optionally can garnish with some chopped fresh coriander.
- Mild Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced Could also add chopped peppers and/or mushrooms
- Red chilli Powder To taste
- Salt and pepper To taste
- 2 slices of bread
- Fresh coriander (Optional) To serve
How to make Spicy Cheese on Toast:
- In a Pan heat a little oil and add chopped onions and fry until they begin to soften.
- Add chilli powder, salt and pepper to taste and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Toast the bread in a toaster or lightly under the grill.
- Spread a little butter on the toast and cover it with the onion mixture.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and put under the grill on a medium heat or in the oven at 180 degree C till the cheese is melted and golden.