The classic ham and tomato toastie is a student staple: Here’s how to make one, with or without cheese.
And best of all you can make it without any toastie maker.
- Bread 2 slices
- Tomato 1
- Cheese Optional
How to make ham and tomato toastie:
- Butter the bread and slice up the tomato.
- Layer on the ham onto the bread, followed by the tomato and cheese (or leave out if you’d prefer it without).
- Close the sandwich and melt some more butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Fry both sides until golden
- Alternatively you can butter the outsides of the sandwich and grill each side.