Combine melting cheese and sticky BBQ chicken for the ultimate toastie.
This easy recipe is quickest with ready cooked chicken, making it a great way to use up leftovers.
Alternatively, season a chicken breast well with salt, pepper, a little garlic powder and paprika and bake for 25-30 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- 2 slices of bread
- Cooked chicken
- BBQ sauce
- Grated cheese
- Handful red onion, peeled and chopped (optional)
- Sweetcorn (optional)
How to make the ultimate BBQ chicken toastie:
- Cut up the chicken (if not already) and add to a bowl with a good helping of BBQ sauce.
- Add in chopped red onion and/or sweetcorn together with a handful of grated cheese.
- Mix the contents together well.
- Butter two slices of bread and spread the BBQ chicken mix over one slice.
- Add on another handful of grated cheese and top with the other slice of bread.
- Butter the outside of both sides of bread.
- Cook in a toastie maker for 5 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Alternatively, pan fry on each side for a few minutes until crispy and golden.