This easy BBQ beans on toast recipe makes for an easy vegan/vegetarian meal.
Whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner, this simple dish takes just 15 minutes to cook up.
The rough figures below will make for the two servings but with this recipe you don’t need to be too specific with the quantities.
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 tin of baked beans Or other beans
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce
- 1 small onion
- Handful of spinach
- Mushrooms and/or peppers (Optional)
- Avocado (Optional)
- (Vegan) Grated Cheese (Optional)
How to make lazy BBQ Baked Beans On Toast:
- Peel and finely dice up the onion and chop up any other veg you’re using – you could use peppers, mushrooms, etc.
- Gently fry the chopped veg over a low-medium heat for around 5 minutes until they soften.
- Add in the beans and BBQ sauce and stir to combine.
- Cook for a further 3 minutes. In the meantime, toast the bread.
- Stir the spinach into the beans and cook for a minute until wilted.
- Optionally top with sliced avocado or some (vegan) grated cheese.