This delicious vegan vegetable stir fry can be cooked up in fewer than 20 minutes.
A super simple eat packed full of veg, the recipe is perfect for even the most novice of cooks.
The ingredients below will make for the single serving.
- Handful of broccoli
- 1-2 carrots Depending on size and how hungry you are!
- Red pepper Can also use mushrooms and/or onions
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (adjust to taste)
- A pinch of ground ginger (Optional) Or some grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (adjust to taste)
- Pinch of chilli flakes (adjust to taste) Or you can use chilli sauce
How to make a simple Broccoli and Carrot stir fry:
- Break the broccoli into bite-size florets and peel and chop up the carrots into bite-size pieces.
- Add the carrots to a pan of water and bring to the boil. Add a pinch of salt. Cook for around 4-5 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the broccoli and continue cooking for 2-3 more minutes until they’re tender.
- Drain the broccoli and carrots and keep aside.
- In a frying pan, heat a little oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for a minute.
- Add in the sliced peppers. You can also add chopped mushrooms, sliced onions and/or chopped spring onions.
- Continue to stir fry for another 2 minutes
- Add in the broccoli and carrots.
- Season with 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, a pinch of chilli flakes and a teaspoon of soy sauce. Add extra seasoning to your taste. You can swap the soy sauce for Worcestershire sauce although note that this is not usually vegan. You can also substitute the chilli flakes for chilli sauce.
- Stir fry everything for a final 2 minutes.
- Serve either on its own or with some rice or noodles.