This vegan vegetable pasta bake is an easy, healthy dinner to make.
You could use a variety of veg in this dish depending on what you have to hand. We’ve chosen peppers, red onion, mushrooms and courgette, as well as sweetcorn.
We’ve mixed them with Italian passata (although tinned tomatoes will work fine) seasoned with mixed herbs.
Feel free to top with some grated vegan cheese. You can pick up vegan cheeses in the ‘Free From’ isles of most supermarkets including Tesco.
Alternatively, you could top the bake with breadcrumbs or simply leave without any topping.
The ingredients below will make a pasta bake that’ll give six to eight servings.
- Pasta About six big handfuls
- 2 Peppers
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Courgette
- 5 Mushrooms
- 1 Tin of sweetcorn
- 1 Tomatoes
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes or passata
- Olive oil
- Vegan grated cheese
- Salt, Pepper, Mixed herbs To season
How to make our vegan vegetarian pasta bake:
- Start by chopping up all the fresh veg (minus sweetcorn) you’re using.
- Bung it all in a big dish, drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt, pepper and mixed herbs then cook for 10 minutes at 200 degrees/180 degrees for fan ovens
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta per pack instructions and drain
- Remove the veg from the oven and add in the sweetcorn, passata or tinned tomatoes and mix well.
- Season again with salt, pepper and mixed herbs to taste and stir through.
- Mix in the drained pasta
- Optionally top with a handful of grated vegan cheese or breadcrumbs.
- Bake for a further 15 minutes.