Level up a basic cheese toastie with this quick and easy recipe.
This simple avocado and cheese toastie will take no longer than 15 minutes.
The ingredients below will make for the one toastie.
- 1 small avocado, peeled and de-stoned
- Black pepper
- 2 slices of bread
- Tomato, sliced (Optional)
- Lemon/Lime juice (Optional)
- Pinch of Paprika, garlic powder and/or chilli flakes (optional)
How to make avocado and cheese toastie:
- In a bowl, mash up the avocado.
- Season with some black pepper and a splash of lemon or lime juice (you can leave out if you don’t have any.)
- You can further season with a pinch of paprika, garlic powder and/or chilli flakes.
- Spread the avocado mixture over one slice of bread and top with a good sprinkling of grated or sliced cheese.
- Optionally add on sliced tomato.
- Sandwich with the other side of bread.
- Butter the outside of both sides of the sandwich.
- Cook in a toastie maker for 5 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Alternatively, grill or pan fry on each side for a few minutes until crispy and golden.