Level up cheese on toast with this delicious simple recipe.
This easy avocado and cheese toast recipe will take no more than 15 minutes.
The ingredients below will make for the one serving.
- 1 small avocado, peeled and de-stoned
- 2 slices of bread
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder/freshly minced garlic/easy garlic (Optional)
- Lemon/Lime juice (Optional)
- Pinch of paprika (Optional)
- Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
How to make avocado and cheese toast:
- Heat up the grill to a medium heat
- Lightly toast a slice of bread either under the grill or in the toaster.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mash up the avocado.
- Season with some black pepper and a splash of lemon or lime juice (you can leave out if you don’t have any.)
- You can further season with a pinch of paprika, garlic powder, a minced glove of fresh garlic or a sprinkling of chilli flakes.
- Stir in a small sprinkling of grated cheese with the avocado and spread over the toast.
- Sprinkle a little more grated cheese over the top.
- Place under the grill for a couple of minutes until cheese has melted.