Make use of puff pastry and easily help get your five a day with this trivial vegetarian tart recipe.
This simple veggie puff pastry tart couldn’t be any easier to make and will take less than 30 minutes!
The rough numbers below will make for around two servings but you don’t need to worry about being too specific with the quantities.
- 1/2 ready roll puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon sun dried tomato pesto or tomato purée Or pasta sauce
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 of a red onion
- Small handful of spinach
- Grated cheese
How to make easy puff pastry vegetarian tart:
- Heat oven to 200 degrees or 180 degrees for fan ovens
- Cut the puff pastry in half to give yourself a large rectangle. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper or greased with a little oil.
- Spread the pesto or tomato purée on top of the pastry leaving around a 1-cm border at the outside for the crust
- Add the chopped tomatoes and onion and top with spinach leaves and cheese
- Put in the oven for roughly 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden and crispy
- Cut in half to serve and enjoy!
- Although best enjoyed immediately, you can refrigerate (allow to cool to room temperature first) in an air-tight container or wrapped in cling-film for later. It should keep well for up to 2-3 days.