The so-called ‘End-of-week bake’ is the ultimate versatile dish.
It’s so easy to do, costs zilch and means an end to food waste – what’s not to love?
We used peppers, onion, boiled new potatoes and sliced courgette in our dish but pretty much any veg will work.
You could also add any cooked meats like leftover chicken or pepperoni.
- Passata or tomato puree Or chopped tomatoes
- Double cream or soft cheese or creme fraiche
- Grated cheese
- A mixture of veg that need using up: Thin sliced potato, spinach, ham, tomatoes, mushroom, lentils, beans, courgette, leek, onion, peppers, herbs, spices, green beans, peas, pepperoni.. etc..
How to make a super simple refrigerator cake:
- Arrange your random mixture of left over veggies in a casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your choice from ingredient numbers 1 and 2, and some of the grated cheese. Pour this over your random mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese over the top, and bake at 180 degrees for 30 mins.