A super easy and quick toastie recipe which makes for a yummy vegetarian eat.
This tasty toastie will take little more than the 15 minutes. The ingredients below make for the single serving.
- 2 slices of bread
- Handful of mushrooms
- Handful of grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon of butter + extra for spreading
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- 1/2 clove crushed garlic or 1/2 teaspoon lazy garlic (optional)
How to make a mushroom and cheese toastie:
- Prep the mushrooms by slicing up.
- Add the olive oil and butter over a medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and stir to coat in the butter and oil. Cook for a 4-5 minutes or so until they begin to soften.
- Add in the garlic, if using, and continue cooking for a further few minutes until browned and tender.
- Spoon the mushrooms onto one slice of the bread.
- Add on another handful of grated cheese and top with the other slice of bread.
- Butter the outside of both sides of bread.
- Cook in a toastie maker for 5 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Alternatively, pan fry or grill on each side on a medium heat for a few minutes until crispy and golden.