A super easy and quick student toastie recipe which makes for a yummy vegetarian snack
- Bread 2 slices
- Butter 2 tsps
How to make a mushroom and cheese toastie:
- Slice the mushrooms and dry fry over a medium-high heat until cooked.
- Meanwhile, butter the two slices of bread.
- On the UNbuttered side of one slice, add on heaps of cheese and then the cooked mushrooms when done.
- Top with the other slice, unbuttered side down/butter facing up and out.
- In a frying pan over a medium-high heat cook on both sides until golden, usually needs just 2-3 minutes.
- For best results, cook covered.