This one tray roasted vegetables recipe makes for an easy vegan lunch or dinner.
Making use of plenty of veg, this simple and healthy meal requires little prep and even less washing up.
You can use this recipe to take advantage of whatever vegetables you have to hand such as onions, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, mushrooms, broccoli, leek, squash or carrots.
The recipe below will make for two good servings which can be eaten hot or cold.
- 3-4 sweet potatoes Can swap for squash or normal potatoes
- 2 courgettes Can also use broccoli or Brussels sprouts
- 2 red onions
- 2 peppers (any colour)
- Olive oil
- Seasoning to taste Salt, pepper, mixed herbs, etc. to taste
How to make Roasted Vegetable Tray Bake:
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees / 180 degrees (fan).
- Chop up the potatoes into rough chunks. Peel or keep the skin on – your choice.
- Peel and cut the red onion into wedges.
- Slice the courgette.
- De-seed and roughly chop up the pepper and chop the mushrooms
- Chop up any other veg you wish to use (e.g. Brussels sprouts, leek, carrots).
- Add all the vegetables to a big baking tray and drizzle with oil, toss to coat.
- Season with salt, pepper and mixed herbs to taste and give everything a good mix with your hands
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Serve warm or allow to cool before refrigerating. They should keep for a good 5-7 days as a salad
- You can serve alone or with with hummus, sliced avocado, fresh parsley or a drizzle of tahini.