These cauliflower rice stuffed roasted peppers make for a delicious easy low-carb vegan dinner.
For the cauliflower rice, you can either buy some ready made (fresh or frozen) or blitz or grate half a head of fresh cauliflower. See how to make and cook cauliflower rice here for more.
This easy recipe below will make for two servings.
- 2 peppers Any colour
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 2 bags cauliflower rice (fresh or frozen) Or half a head of cauliflower, grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped Optional
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn, drained Optional
- 1 tin black beans, drained and rinsed Or kidney or pinto beans
- 5 tablespoons salsa
- 1/2 packet taco or fajita seasoning Or seasoning to taste (salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, etc.)
- (Vegan) Grated cheese Optional
- Olive oil
How to make easy vegan cauliflower rice stuffed peppers:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees or 180 degrees for fan ovens.
- Half the peppers and remove all the seeds.
- Either rub with a little olive oil or spray with some cooking spray. Season and cook for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat around 1 tablespoon of olive oil or cooking spray in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic and chilli (if using) and cook until softened (around 5 minutes).
- Add in cauliflower rice and cook until warmed through – about 3-4 minutes if fresh or 7-8 minutes from frozen.
- Add the taco or fajita seasoning or other seasoning to taste and stir through for another minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the salsa, beans and sweetcorn.
- Fill the peppers with the cauliflower mix and optionally top with a sprinkling of (vegan) grated cheese.
- Return to the oven for a further 20 minutes.
- Optionally serve with some freshly topped coriander, mashed avocado, salsa and/or sour cream.