White sauce with vegetables: A super easy and tatsy student meal
Preparation time – 10-15 min
Cooking time – 15 min
You can make white sauce in a better way and avoid all the lumps but then that is time consuming. This is quick and equally tasty. Can be had with bread. The vegetables can easily be replaced with boiled chicken or turkey and you can improvise all you want by adding sweet corn and kidney beans etc. Can also be set to bake if using chicken or turkey.
- Some vegetables like Broccoli, onions, Bell Pepper and carrots
- Half a tub mushrooms
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Cheese (optional)
How to make White sauce with vegetables:
- Boil the vegetables before hand. (You could keep the stock for future use, it’s healthy). For the mushrooms, onions and pepper which enjoyed more when it is crisp and not soggy, saute them instead of boiling them. Make sure they are well cooked though. keep the vegetables and the mushrooms aside.
- Melt butter in a pan and add some flour and mix it well until it’s like a paste(it all sticks together).
- Add milk to it and keep mixing and try your best to not form lumps. If they do you could try to break them with a spoon or use a food blender if you have one.
- After it thickens(which is around 5-7 minutes later) add the boiled vegetables and sauteed mushrooms, onions and pepper. Mix well but not too vigorously.
- Add salt and pepper over the top and mix.
- Grate some cheese and sprinkle some more pepper over it. Switch off the cooker and cover it for the cheese to melt over it.