Make your own Chicken Jalfrezi curry with this all too simple recipe.
- Chicken breast sliced/diced
- Tinned chopped tomatoes
- Red pepper chopped
- Red onion chopped
- Curry powder (medium or hot)
- Cayenne pepper
- Green chilli Optional
- Basmati rice to serve
How to make Chicken Jalfrezi:
- Start by chopping up the veg you’re using
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add onions and pepper on a high heat.
- After about 3 minutes, and chicken breast pieces.
- Ensure chicken is nearly cooked before adding chopped tomatoes.
- Add curry powder and cayun pepper (about 2 teaspoons of each depending on how spicy you want it).
- For an extra kick you can also add fresh sliced green chilli (seeded or unseeded)
- Mix well
- Turn heat down and leave the curry to simmer.
- Ensure rice is cooked and add to a bowl
- After about 5 minutes, remove curry from heat and serve with the rice.