This veggie bean baked wrap recipe is a quick and easy vegan meal to cook up in the evenings.
Once you’ve done the first bit of cooking, you can keep the mixture in the fridge to make super quick meals later on in the week.
This recipe can be packed full of various veggies, making it a great recipe to avoid waste and use up whatever you have in the fridge.
You can combine the veggie and bean mix with vegan cheese – available in the ‘free form’ isles of most supermarkets such as Tesco and Morrisons.
- Various vegetables E.g. onions, mushrooms, peppers carrots, courgette, corn
- 1 tin Chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin mixed beans
- Tortilla wrap
- Vegan grated cheese Optional
- Seasoning Salt, pepper, etc. to taste
How to make veggie bean baked wraps:
- Prepare the veg by slicing or dicing up the onions, mushrooms, peppers or other veg. You could also use carrots, courgette, corn, etc.
- Fry the veg in the oil for a few minutes over a moderate heat.
- Add in the tin of chopped tomatoes. Drain and add in the mixed beans. Season to taste and mix stir through.
- Cover and leave to simmer for 20 or so minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so.
- You can either use the bean mixture right away or let it cool before storing in the fridge until later.
- When ready to bake the wraps, spoon the bean and veggie mixture down the middle of a tortilla wrap. Add on vegan grated cheese if desired. Wrap up burrito style and place in a foil lined baking tray.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes at 200 degrees/180 degrees fan until wraps are just crisp.