This healthy and veggie Bean pasta salad is great for a quick lunch to make before lectures.
Take advantage of cheap supermarket own brands for a very inexpensive meal too.
As well as being vegetarian, the recipe is also vegan.
- One tin of mixed beans Go for a supermarket basic tin usually under 50p
- Pasta shells. Same as above - student loans don't cover fancy pasta and you don't need too!
- Mixed salad
- Pasta sauce
How to make Bean Pasta Salad:
- Boil your pasta in lightly salted water.
- Wash your salad (if bagged) if fresh, prepare your favourite salad leaves as usual.
- Wash beans, and add to boiling pasta – once all cooked through drain out the water.
- Stir in your pasta sauce and mixed salad, adding herbs: You can try to add salt, pepper, mixed garlic, parsley and basil. For something with a kick, try adding some hot chilli sauce, or chop some chilli and chuck that in.
- You can eat warm or cold!
- If you want it cold but to eat instantly, wash the pasta and beans in cold water and drain before adding the sauce and salad so that it’s all cooled already.