This Low Carb Filling Chicken and Halloumi Salad is an awesome healthy student recipe and easy to make too.
Together with the chicken and halloumi, it’s packed full of veg including courgette, broccoli, avocado and tomato.
- 100g chicken breast, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- Half an avocado, sliced
- Half a medium courgette, sliced
- A clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2 slices of halloumi
How to make Chicken and Halloumi Salad:
- On a medium high heat, add the chicken breast, broccoli and courgette to the pan with a drizzle of oil.
- Fry for 5 minutes until chicken appears cooked and both courgette and broccoli are lightly charred.
- Add the spring onion and the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes
- Transfer to a bowl, and sprinkle in the chopped tomato and the avocado
- Return your now empty frying pan to the heat, and add the slices of halloumi.
- Lightly fry for one minute on each side until the halloumi begins to brown. Transfer the halloumi to the bowl
- Drench in hot sauce if preferred, and eat! This meal is low carb, high in vitamins and protein and guaranteed to keep you full for hours!