Tasty Halloumi Salad: A quick healthy halloumi salad using simple ingredients, it can be made in no time!
It’s a great vegetarian recipe and easy meal to prepare ahead of time too for lunch on the go!
- Halloumi Cheese (crucial unlike the other ingredients which are optional depending on your taste preference)
- 1 Red onion (but any onion will do)
- Can of sweetcorn
- Can of chickpeas
- 1 Red pepper (although any colour will do!)
- 2 slices of bread cut up into squares sprinkled with cumin (optional for croutons)
- Olive oil
How to make a tasty Halloumi Salad:
- Heat a pan with olive oil and cut the halloumi into thick slices then fry on both sides until they’re slightly brown.
- Cut up the fried halloumi into smaller pieces and add to the salad bowl.
- Add the sweetcorn and chickpeas (but don’t add the juices from the cans)
- Cut the pepper, cucumber, lettuce and onion.
- Add the the cut up ingredients to the bowl and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix well.
- Optional step for croutons: fry the bread sprinkled with cumin in olive oil till they’re crispy and add to the bowl.
- Now enjoy! Can be served in pitta bread or my personal favourite in a tortilla wrap with natural youghurt (sounds odd but is delicious served that way).