A healthy summery salad with chicken, bacon, avocado, blue cheese and strawberries.
This salad recipe is fully loaded and super tasty but best of all, takes just minutes to prepare.
It goes great with an Apple Vinaigrette dressing, although unfortunately the only high street supermarket we can seem to find this is Waitrose at the rather costly price of £3 a bottle. Although it is REALLY nice.
Alternatively you could make your own if you’ve got the time and patience.
- Chicken Cooked
- Red onion
- Salad leaves
- Blue cheese
How to make tasty strawberry and chicken salad:
- Cook one or two slices of bacon under the grill for a good 5-10 minutes each side until it’s VERY crispy.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice up the red onion, and shred and cut the cooked chicken (if not already).
- Half, de-stone and peel the avocado. Cut into rough cubes. You’ll want a small avocado or half of a large one for a single serving.
- De-stalk and half a handful of strawberries.
- Add the salad leaves to a bowl and add on the onion, avocado and chicken.
- When the bacon is cooked, pat dry with a kitchen towel and crumble over the salad
- Add on the sliced strawberries.
- Finish with some crumbled blue cheese over the top, if you like it.