This Summer Salad and Steak recipe is a hearty and healthy meal and it takes just 15 minutes to prep AND cook.
The ingredients below will make for two servings.
The salad should keep in the fridge for at least a day or two, so can be made ahead of time or leftovers can be saved for future meals.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Feta cheese
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Small Red Onion
- 1 lemon
- 2 rib-eye steaks
How to make this summer salad and steak:
- For the salad, peel, half, de-stone and cube the avocado and add to a bowl.
- Peel and roughly slice the onion and add to the salad.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and cucumber and add those to the mix.
- Finally, crumble over feta and give everything a good mix.
- Drizzle over 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the juice of one lemon and mix it all together.
- Cook the steak in the remaining olive oil by first frying on a high heat for 1 minute each side.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook on either side for 30 seconds to 2+ minutes depending how rare/well done you like your steak.
- Allow the steak five minutes to rest before serving with the salad.