A super tasty chicken salad that makes for a healthy summer student meal.
The ingredients below will make for two servings.
The salad should keep in the fridge for at least a day or two, so can be made ahead of time or leftovers can be saved for future meals.
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 Avocado
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small lemon
- Cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
How to make this summer chicken salad:
- Unless you’ve got some cooked chicken to hand, season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and bake for 180 degrees for 25 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad: Peel, half, de-stone and cube the avocado and add to a bowl.
- Peel and roughly slice the onion and add to the salad.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and cucumber and add those to the mix.
- Finally, crumble over feta and give everything a good mix.
- Drizzle over 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the juice of one lemon and mix it all together.
- Once the chicken is cooked, allow to cool before cutting into cubes and mixing into the salad.