This super simple Turkey, bacon and avocado salad is a great recipe to make for lunch at home or away.
You can pack the contents into a plastic container and take it with you to University for lunch – cheaper, tastier and healthier than salt laden supermarket ready made salads.
- Turkey steak Or chicken
- Bacon 1 slice
- Lemon juice
How to make Turkey, bacon and avocado salad
- On a baking tray, grill the turkey steak and bacon for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally
- Once the bacon is crispy and turkey is fully cooked, set aside and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, peel the avocado, cut in half and de-stone. Cut into cubes.
- Slice the tomato.
- In a plastic container (or bowl, if serving immediately), add in lettuce and top with the avocado and tomato slices.
- You could add other veggies like sweetcorn or grated carrots.
- Crumble over the crispy bacon. Cube the turkey and add that in.
- Add over a bit of lemon juice and mix everything together.
- Either serve immediately or keep refrigerated until hungry or off to class!